Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What are the setback requirements for building a structure or an addition to a structure?

A:  Each zoning district has different setback regulations.  Please call the Township office and speak with the Zoning Officer.


Q: Can I burn in the Township?

A:  The Township has adopted a burning ordinance that regulates open burning.  Burning of construction waste and other rubbish is prohibited.  Please contact the Township to get a copy of the burning ordinance to ensure that you are in compliance with the Ordinance.


Q: Do I need a permit to operate a business from my home?
A: The Township Zoning ordinance provides criteria for individuals wishing to operate a home occupation. A permit is required for all home occupations or home businesses. Individuals wishing to operate a home occupation home business may contact the Planning and Zoning Department for ordinance requirements.